Wednesday, March 07, 2012

John Carter - First ten minutes

When I heard about this movie and saw the teaser trailer, I knew nothing of Edgar Rice Burrough's Barsoom Series AKA John Carter.  Now, I have the entire series available on my Kindle and began reading A Princess of Mars, however I decided to hold off reading the rest of the story until watching the film version, John Carter. The reason? The second and third trailers looked pretty good. Now, they've released the first ten minutes. It looks like an intense, epic-adventure science fiction story reminiscent of Pirates of the Caribbean, the Mummy, Prince of Persia, and even Indiana Jones or (dare I say) Star Wars. I know I shouldn't include the holy trinity in comparison to a film that I've yet to see, but the trailer shows some similarities. A reluctant hero who's lost his entire family, aliens, and a battle of good vs. evil. Check out the clip...



I know this clip didn't show any of the aliens, but it gives you a chance to see the style of film (humor, action, adventure) and get to know John Carter as character (independent, bull-headed, persistent, compassionate) . The music style got me thinking of Pirates of the Caribbean. I think this is a film that I'll be seeing in the theater. Let me know in the comments if you'll be watching John Carter in theaters after it is released this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment