Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Mini Point - Episode 4

"Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen....Cannonball!" My Ron Burgundy quote may be a bit inappropriate for this news story, but it's okay to joke about since no injuries occurred (except to the Mythbusters Team's pride). At 4 p.m. yesterday (Tuesday, December 6th, 2011) an accident involving a cannonball happened during the filming of an episode of Mythbusters. First off, I was surprised this show still had new episodes being filmed. Haven't they covered every myth by now? Apparently all they do is blow stuff up and that's what happened on Tuesday. According to SCREENRANT, the incident happened near the Alameda County bomb range. "Originally, the cannonball was supposed to pass through several barrels of water and a cinder block wall, in order to slow the projectile down. Upon misfiring, the cannon lifted and hit something that caused it to shoot over the protective hillside that surrounds the bomb range," writer Anthony Ocasio stated. Instead, the cannonball misfire caused a reign of carnage as it passed through one house, bounced off another, and landed in a van.  The experiment-gone-wrong damaged two homes, left a crater in the street, and a left a vehicle owner very confused about the new cargo on board.  Luckily, no one was injured. I never asked the Mythbuster team for comments or talked to eyewitnesses, so technically I wasn't denied any details...I'm just rehashing a story I heard. Check out the link for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment